Sunday, March 14, 2010

I ran 18 miles with JB this morning in Sesqui. Longest run in well over a year for me but actually not too bad. Trey and Gregg showed up as well for a couple of loops. Jeff and I ran 5 loops before I tanked and he ran an additional loop to finish up at 22.5 miles. We both did 4 striders at mile pace, (6 min/mile) at the end.

Nice weather this morning but I started in gloves, a jacket and shorts. The jacket came off after 3.5 miles. I got up and drank about 60oz of water and had 1 small bowl of oatmeal and a 1/2 cup of coffee. For the entire run only drank 16oz of additional water and a gel right before the last lap at mile 15 or so. Trying to make the body burn fat for fuel....Damn was I hungry after. Thank the lord my Awesome Mom in Law was cooking today. That woman can COOK!!!

18 Miles and the average pace was 7:57 - thats about a 3:24 marathon pace. Managed to crank it down after each lap which is hard but THE thing to do. You have to learn to run faster when you are tired. Goal was to keep the average heart rate under 160, Average heart rate for the run - 159. Bingo!! Spiked at 170 on some of those hills though.

For the rest of the afternoon Madison and I played basketball, tennis, baseball, frisbee, walked and washed the dogs and watched some TV.

Off Legs tomorrow but will lift upper body and swim with Coach Lori for the last time for a couple of weeks as she has to travel to the sectionals and nationals with the team. Hope Madison can be a part of that...

Hard bike ride Tuesday and I cant wait to get back on that bike bymyself. 1 x 60 min effort this time.

Running season was kick A$$ but it's time to get down to bidness'. I have some mighty fast dudes to catch up to this year...May take a couple more years but you really do get faster and faster in this sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment