Saturday, March 6, 2010

21:06.91 this morning at the Zoo run. What a hill in this one- Mt Riverbanks! Uphill, then steps, then uphill, then steps, and again and again. Whats that all about? Pace was not too bad. Ran a 6:35 out of the gate, a 7:15 (all uphill) and then a 6:32 with a 6:05 kick over the last 10. So, I was able to drop it down after that hill. Paced with new 35-39er Alex Mcdonald till the last mile and he hit the afterburners and beat me my 30 seconds overall. DAMNIT! It looks to be that everyone's times were aff about 45 seconds which would put me in the lower 20 range so about right at this point. Anxious to see what all this running will do for me in the season. There are so many fast guys in my age group this year - unbelievable, and I thought last year was tough! I still may be 10-15 seconds slower off the bike than I am running right now but thats ok. Its getting better. Next week, yet another 5k with my buds. I have met some really super people this year and have learned so much about running. Realizing that it takes years to develop a running form that will allow you to hit those times consistently. Get to the Green on Sat morning! Off to to play baseball and take my little girl for a swim, thats what is REALLY important. All this training is fun but nothing like spending time with her!! Otta here!

Jason Micheal Carroll, Whitney Duncan and Patrick/Rusty show was very good. Came home and played the old guitar....Wish I had just a little bit o' talent for it after all these years but I still love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment