Thursday, March 25, 2010

One hour ride today in the wind, pretty strong but not too awful. I despise riding in the wind, it plays with your head and frustrates me to no end! Most days I would just hit the trainer but I had to do a 20 minute time trial so the wizards (Jeff, Ladd and Bill) can disect the data I send them..I'm not quite sure what to make out of all the numbers with this new software but I am learning so much.

Went to 261 and rode to the Prison Road for a warmup rather than driving all the way up to the time trial course - about 30 minutes and easy spinning somewhere around 18mph with some built in short intervals of 30 seconds at threshold. Got to the prison, got off the bike, drank some water and rode about another quarter of a mile before I turned around. Rode easy back 1/2 mile then "hit it". The average watts was somewhere right where the wattage gods said it would be, 263 for the 20 minutes. Avg speed was 24.5 mph but in the wind and the average HR was only 160 with a max of 168- Strange. kinda low for me, did I not go hard enough??? The leg drive is just not there yet due to all this running but these numbers are encouraging with so little time in the saddle this year. Also I negative split the thing which Ladd and Jeff told me to do. 261 Watts first 10 minutes and 267 watts the last 10. I fully expect and have been told that these numbers will push 290-300 watts at the same effort when we start getting serious this summer in prep for Ironman Augusta 70.3. I would love to be able to break the track record for my age group in Charolotte at the 10 mile time trials. Last year I almost broke 27.5 mph for an average.

The 321 time trial series #1 is in 1 week and at that effort, I will be toasted after 1 hour!!!! Completely toasted. However, I do believe I can hang...The aerobic engine was fine yesterday even though power and muscle drive was not there.

I think I am swimming with Lori at 1:30 tomorrow for some drill work but thats about it. Maybe some core work in the morning but nuttin else!

Race Sat. Busby and Logging are my main competiton unless some of the unknown names are really strong. There are several of those. I ususally can study the names and know exactly what I need to do to place in these races. I can beat Busby if I can get a minute on him on the bike, put a few seconds in the transition on him, stay fairly close to his swim time and run a low 19 or high 18 minute 5k (the course is way short - ran a 20:08 last year). I could be close to getting second but trying to beat Logging on such a short bike will be next to impossible. This guy is sick fast and ran a 2:50 marathon in Kiawha and is going to Boston this year. This dude can fly! I should finish 3rd with an outside shot of 2nd. Hell I am going for the win though!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment