Sunday, March 28, 2010

Race Report
Downtown Columbia Sprint Distance
3/28/22010

Cold morning in Columubia - Temp around 43 degrees but a little warmer than originally forcasted which is typical of the downtown area.

Swimming in a 50 meter pool is a welcome relief after a nightmare of the 2 way 25 meter pool that we experienced last week. Started 2 at a time but had no problem with traffic at all. Not sure of what is going on with my pull but coach Lori noticed it not going correctly during Friday's practice. No problem with the flip turns under the ropes since we have practiced them so much. Go choked on the last lap and this was a first. I mean I had to stop at the wall and cough it up and thats never happened. Didn't loose to much time maybe 10 seconds so I think I was a little faster had that not happened but right on last years time at 8:43 or so.

I got lost, again for the first time ever, in trasition. i could not find the damn rack - another 10-15 seconds lost. I actually was putting someone's glasses on and as well as the helment (same as mine) and looked down and went ooooops! jesus!!!

Bike was fast, I was moving and had a top 10 split but just a few seconds slower than last year. 3 things contributed to this IMO. 1) this has been a hell of a week of running and Thursday was the TT test on the bike so fatigue had to be an issue. 2) So little time in the saddle this year and 3) there was a strong head wind coming up Gervais on the fastest part of this crit style 10 miler (3 loops). Looking back at some of the times from last year from the people that also did it this year the average speed was lower but not by much.

Run - just keeps getting faster. 18:33 but this is a short course again. 2.9 miles or so. Really easy!

Finished 8th overall, 2 in my Age Group again and 3rd overall age grouper. Main competition was Logging and Busby. First time beating Busby in 3 years - HELL YES! Logging threw down a sub 17 minute run and at this point is uncatchable. What a good solid runner and smooth runner. He passed me on the 2nd mile But started over a minute behind me in the water. I was also faster in the water and on the bike but ITS ALL ABOUT THE RUN. Always is - period and I am busting my ass learning how to do it faster.

321 Time Trial Series Race next weekend. 60 minutes of pure hammering hell. Goal time is under 1 hour. 25mph average speed with 3 u-turns. Other goal is to Pass Wesley Spratt whom I start 1 minute and 30 seconds behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment