Saturday, February 6, 2010

Wind Tunnel testing was great, gained another 22 watts or I should say saved another 22 watts of power. 14 runs of adjustments and fine tuning (mostly with head position changes) allowed me to go 30mph at 22 less watts than when I started at the same cadence, gear and effort. This was also from the same settings as last time I was there. Cool stuff, I feel so much more comfortable on that bike than the last fitting I had. Can't wait to get her on the road and actually into a race.

I ran the "Race for the Place" this morning, a 5k in Shandon. Finished at 20:20 (6:33 pace). Distance was spot on at 3.10 miles and I only need another 7 seconds faster per mile to go under 20- the biggest goal of the year for me. My splits were 6:32, 6:41 and 6:33 and closed with a 6:12 for the last tenth. I have to get that 2nd mile more consistent and I will have it. I paced the race with HB which was a lot of fun. Actually passed lots of people with the race strategy we planned, start slowly and build into the pace and keep it there. Passed Trey Powell after mile 2 - I really like that as he has become a very good runner. All this speed sesqui work, hill work and weights must be paying off. After mile 1 today I was really feeling great - weird! Did not place today - I would have taken a 19:30 or so I think to get third - YIKES!

No comments:

Post a Comment