Sunday, February 7, 2010

Just finished running with Jeff in Sesqui 11.22 miles at a 7:47 pace with an average heart of 161. Yes that is in my aerobic zone. My threshold is upwards of around 178-180. Therefore, on these runs I subtract 15 BPM and stay under that. I would like to run that pace at a 155 BPM average but suspect that will happen as we continue to run these runs out there on the trails which is much harder than the road. Anyway, after the 11.22 miles, I ran another 2.3 miles of hills at a 9 min pace. These hills are steep and in the sand and almost impossible to get a consistent stride up. They will wear your behind out, especially after a long run. Myrtle Beach 1/2 marathon is this weekend and 1:38 is the goal. I have no idea if I can hold that pace to hit this goal but we will see. I have run many 1/2 ironmans but this will be my first stand alone 1/2 marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment