Monday, August 16, 2010

Sat August 14th log

321 Time Trial Series Race #3

Started this one thinking I could actually break an hour. I know I have the ability but not on this day. It was a morning of discovery more than anything. Throw in a heat index of over 90 at 9 a.m., a bunch of rolling hills and there you have a recipie for a not so good day, well at least for me. I am finding out that I just do not do so well in that kinda humidity. You would think after IM Louisville I would have learned a thing or two.

Started out this TT averaging over 260 watts for the first lap and was gaining on the 2 in front of me and was only 20 seconds behind at the first turn. That's went it all went south..I could not maintain the power output and the HR just started to escalate from 160 to well over 170 putting OUT LESS power. Damn it!! I think it was dehydration by not hydrating up before on well enough. My average power ended up at 247, exactly what it was in April. Disappointing...but I know I more powerful than 247 watts for an hour...I watched the big dogs ride by putting out 300+ watts which is just amazing. I want to get there but it just takes time. Their cadence was really something, high 80's maybe while mine was approaching 100. This is another thing I must work on, using bigger gears. Also have to work on the hills and only going up 15% over FTP while climbing. FTP is more than 247, I know it!!!!!

1:02.40. Ran 2 miles at 8min pace

No comments:

Post a Comment