Monday, April 12, 2010

What a great day to run and ride on Sunday - It just does not get any better than that. Got up early and drove over to meet the group in Sesqui. William, Kristen, Greg, Sag, Alex and Jeff. Not sure why most of them ran the distance they did after all the great times they put up on Sat but they are the beasts.

I learned alot from missing the race and will put this into practice. REST. I only did a 20 minute interval on Sat and nothing but swimming on Friday and just a little on Thursday. Man did I feel good Sunday morning. 12.4 miles at a 7:44 pace in the sand and hills that was damn easy!! HR avgerage on 152 which is crazy low for me. Threshold being in the low 170's???? This also inlcluded a climb up the now infamous Sand Monster at a "7:42" pace on JB's heels. WOW!!! I put alot into running that 1/2 but that's how it goes. I have the confidence of a 1:32-1:33. 1:31 with Alex may be a little tough but running with him always makes me run harder and I wish I could have seen if I could have stayed with him over the last 3.

Rode the bike 30 miles immediatly after the run back home down the Hilly Highway 12. Plan was to do 3x10' efforts at FTP or above. First time ever doing a reverse brick with embeded intervals. First one- not so bad, 255 watts - over FTP. Second one- not so good, 245 watts right at FTP. 3rd one...mmmm noooooo! died at 5 minutes in but was less than 245..I just cruised it on back on. Average watts for the ride was 200. But just basically spun easy till home after the last effort. Not all bad because I practiced staying into the lowest tuck position possible for extended periods of time. This was needed badly the lower body finally just said - "wait a damn minute, we are finished for today". Greeat day.

Spent the rest of the day with Madison at swim practice and we went out to eat - just the 2 of us while mom went shopping. A new week begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment