Friday, April 9, 2010

Meet with Lori for the first time this week on Thursday and she put me through one of the harder workouts I have yet with her.

Set included

500 warm
400 Kick set
500 Pull set (25 at 500 pace and 25 slow rotating back and forth)
200 Easy Swim
4 x 200 on 3 min
200 Cool Down
2700 Yards total

This is the first time doing 200's. They are very hard! I made them all right at 3 minutes so I basically got no rest for the 800 yards at a 500 race pace. hurt!

Friday

Met with Wiseman and we swam about 1.5 miles in 34 minutes in Lake Winderemere. This was the first open water swim for me this year. Water was cold when we first got it but it was fine within a few seconds. Made it one full length of the lake in 17:38 stopped and I assisted Bill with some drafting on the way back since he is off to New Orleans Ironman 70.3 next weekend. We wanted to negative split it and made it back in 15:58! We then ran about 4 miles at a very slow pace. No Garmin but I am sure we were right at 9 minutes per mile. Enjoyed listening about Endurance Nation, the plan we are about to start on for Ironman 70.3 in Augusta. It's an extreme long shot but I want to qualify for the world Ironman 70.3 Championships in Clearwater, Fla this November. I would need be in the lower 4:30 range if not faster. SCARY!

Palmetto 1/2 in the morning. I could not get nor could I really afford a slot but those are public roads and I am running with the boys in the morning. I am going to try to stay behind Alex, we will see! All I want to do is go under 1:40. That's it!





No comments:

Post a Comment