Monday, July 12, 2010

2010 has been a pretty good year so far. At this point I have raced a total of 11 triathlons, many 5k's, 10k's, and several time trials. I am ready for an extended break in preperation for Ironman Augusta (70.3). Mechanical bike problems continue to effect me as the new Roo has several design flaws that are just driving me nuts.

Running has greatly improved this year but still has such a long way to go. Swimming has become a thorn in my side as times continue to slide from last year but I have just not been getting in the water enough. No excuses there. The bike times have also taken a hit in some races over last year but again just not enough time out there on the road. I do this for fun and towards the end of the last racing run the fun kinda waned a little bit. It was only racing, racing racing and no training. I was getting really burnt out.. I am going to step back and slowly get back into it. I have over 2 months to prepare for Augusta. I will be ready.

To be continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment