Saturday, January 30, 2010

up at 5 t his morning for an hour of stretching, hard to get out of the bed but my daughter heard me get up and quickly took my place so I had to continue. Went to the Red Nose Run 5k at the Colonial Center in Columbia. Cold, raining, windy and 32 degrees at the start - NICE. Hilly run but finished 5th overall and 2nd in my Age group at 20:27 (6:35 per mile). Had a blast running with Greg, Jeff and Wes. Stayed with Greg most of the way but pulled ahead just slightly at the end. Wes was waaaaay in the back and Jeff was waaaaay in front, typical of both!! That sub 19 minute 5k is so close but yet I probably won't hit it for a little while. I am hoping to in March but we will see. I was going to the gym but we have a 13 mile run in the morning and Speed/Hell day begins Monday at high noon so I think I will kick back. The new bike is READY TO BE PICKED UP!! YEE HAWW!!!!

Here are the results from this morning.


making the pass at the line for 5th place overall - I never pass people on a run - wth?

No comments:

Post a Comment