Wednesday, January 27, 2010

2nd day in a row at the pool today with Lori and she beat me up pretty good. Did a simulated race day with a warm-up, drills, a few sprints then an easy swim and then a timed 500 in prep for the 2 upcoming pool swim tris. 7:15 for the 500 which is better but I have to get that below 7 minutes, will try again in a couple of weeks. Rode with Ladd and Jeff for a 1 hour session with Ladd pushing 325+ watts. Beautiful day but a little chilly to start, however, that all changes quickly when you ride with Ladd! I stayed in the draft the entire time but still got a good workout in with 100 less watts! Hey, we were 23mph on a rolling course. I need to step outside of the draft a little more and get more work in but at times I was hurting so I am happy. Broke another spoke on the way back in, thats 2 in the last 2 weeks. No running today but will get around 7-9 miles in tomorrow. Most likely will be a trainer ride on Friday and a short 30 minute run. Gotta get back in that pool Saturday morning and then run a 5k race (undecided about that). Long run on Sunday in the trails, gonna see if I can stick a 1:45 out there, if so, I know i can get in the low 140 range on the road and that's what it's going to take for the half Ironmans coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment